This Notice is issued to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). There is a lot of jargon used within the GDPR but basically, this is about how personal information about individuals is collected, used and looked after. The nature of our business is such that we predominantly deal with other businesses. However, in doing so we inevitably collect personal information about individuals, for example, their email addresses and potentially their phone numbers. As such the GDPR applies. This document sets out the detail about how the personal information provided will be used and looked after and explains the rights of those who are the subject of it.
2. Our Commitment to you
Our Commitment is to:
- Keep personal information provided by you safe and private;
- Not use personal information for any purpose other than in connection with undertaking work for you, for the effective running of our business, for account management purposes, keeping you informed of information about our business, as required by our Regulators and the law and otherwise in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice;
- Make it easy for you to approach us if you have any concerns or questions relating to the holding of personal information.
3. Who we are and how we operate
The P&M Group Ltd was founded in 1987 and we trade under the name of ISD Solutions.
We operate divisions of:
- ISD Coldstores
- ISD Special Projects
- ISD Firewall
- ISD Retail
- ISD Coldstore Maintenance
- ISD Industrial Waterproofing
- ISD Manufacturing
We design/consult, manufacture, supply, construct and maintain:
- Commercial temperature controlled environments
- Single envelope cladding
- Passive fire protection
- Retail supermarkets, modular cold rooms and clean rooms
- Waterproofing and surfacing
- Cold trailers
The P&M Group Ltd also wholly owns PLG Insulations Ltd. Based in Tewkesbury, PLG Insulations Ltd specialises in cold-work, pipe and vessel cladding and industrial insulation solutions from an early design stage through to final implementation.
For the avoidance of doubt for the rest of this document “The P&M Group Ltd” will represent “The P&M Group Ltd” and “PLG Insulations Ltd”.
We also have an Australian based subsidiary company, ISD Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd. On occasions UK based customers may deal with that company and in such circumstances that company may access limited contact based information.
4. How information is collected from you
We will collect personal information directly from you. This will often be when we are dealing with your questions about the services which we provide or start acting for you. Further personal information will be collected whilst work proceeds. Information may be collected by face-to-face meetings, by telephone, by email or other electronic communications or from information which you provide to us via our website. Please ensure that all personal information is accurately provided as the information which is held is only as accurate as the information provided in the first place.
It is possible that we may obtain information about you as a contact point from other sources, for example, if we are informed by someone else that they have recommended your company to us or we are informed that the business for whom you work may have a need for our services and you are the contact point.
5. What personal information will we collect about individuals?
We are only likely to seek information necessary for the supply of products and services to businesses for whom you work. As such the information likely to be required relates to contact details such as name, telephone number (which may be your own mobile number) and email address.
Sometimes for either security or regulatory reasons, we require information to verify the identity of individuals, particularly senior employees within a company. This might, for example, include the requirement for copies of passports.
6. Who will personal information be provided to?
We will not provide personal information to anyone else save in the circumstances set out at 7 and 8 below.
7. What about outsourcing?
We will pass personal information to other organisations from time to time, not for them to use for their own benefit but rather to assist us. This might include holding personal information to assist in the efficient administration and running of our business and to assist with customer relationship management, accounting and regulatory purposes and the holding and processing of information in the electronic form including its storage and maintenance.
8. What will the personal information be used for?
To fulfil our contractual obligations towards the business which you represent:
- To progress the work which you have instructed us to undertake;
- To properly record the progress of the work which you have asked us to undertake and to regulate its quality;
- We may from time to time provide that information in relation to individuals to those outside of The P&M Group Ltd in circumstances where they are also working on the project in relation to which you have instructed us and in circumstances where they may need contact information in relation to you.
- So far as is necessary and appropriate, for ISD Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd to have dealings with you.
When it is our legal obligation
We may be required to provide information to Regulators, auditors, accountants and in very rare circumstances to local or public authorities including the police.
When legitimate interests apply
It is possible that from time to time we may wish to communicate with you concerning matters which may be of interest to you or the company which you represent. The nature of such contact will be:
- To inform you of any changes to our services and products including new services and products;
- To communicate about any offers or promotions which we may be undertaking;
- To communicate about other developments at The P&M Group Ltd
We will not communicate to you under this heading where there is any perceived detriment to you in receiving the communication.
If you do not wish to receive communications under this heading please contact Steve Baker (SBaker@isd-solutions.co.uk). In making contact please confirm the type of communications listed which you do not wish to receive or that you do not wish to receive any communications of the type listed.
9. What happens if I don’t wish to provide personal information to The P&M Group Ltd?
The information which we require is very limited in its scope and primarily relates to contact information. This is in order to enable us to undertake work for the business which you represent and without such information, we may not be able to undertake the work.
10. How long will The P&M Group Ltd keep personal information for?
To fulfil our contractual obligations towards the business which you represent:
- We will only retain personal information:
- For as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for as set out in this Privacy Notice;
- In relation to those that inquire about the services and products which we are able to provide but don’t then contract with us we would normally keep personal information relating to the enquiry for no longer than one year after the last communication;
- Concerning the contract which you enter with us, we will keep the relevant personal matter during the undertaking of that contract for a period thereafter. In most cases, this will be 7 years but there are certain circumstances in which the period may be longer in order to address any issues which may arise in relation to the product or service.
- In some circumstances, there is a right to request erasure of personal information held. This is addressed below.
11. Rights in relation to personal information held
- Access – the right to make what is known as a Subject Access Request to obtain a copy of the personal information which we hold about you. If you make such a request we are required, in most circumstances, to provide a copy of the personal information without charge and within 30 days. You may also seek confirmation of the nature of the personal information which we hold about you without seeking a copy of the information itself.
- Correction – it is important that you keep us up to date with any changes to the personal information provided. Subject to that you have the right to ask us to correct or complete any inaccurate or incomplete data held about you. It is possible that evidence will be required of the new information provided.
- Erasure – you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal information held where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold it. It may not always be possible to comply with your request due to ongoing obligations in relation to personal information. Where this is the case you will be informed and be told of the reasons why it is not possible to comply with the request.
- Object to processing – you may object to our processing personal information. There are some circumstances in which it will not be possible to comply with your request, for example, if it is necessary to process the information in connection with obligations which we have and which have been explained to you in this document. If you object to us processing information which has been processed under the legitimate interest heading, we will stop processing it.
- Restriction of processing – you may ask us to suspend processing of personal information in the following situations:
- If you want the data accuracy to be established;
- Where the use of the personal information is unlawful but you do not want it to be erased;
- You need the data to be held even though we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to the use of the data by us but we need time to determine whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
- Request the transfer of information – sometimes rights apply to request a transfer of personal information held to other organisations, such as a newly appointed contractor. This right only applies to personal information that is processed by automated means and is held because it was necessary for the performance of the contract with your company or personal information which is processed on the basis of your consent.
12. Keeping personal information safe
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent the personal information provided from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Access to personal information is limited to those employees and contractors who have a business need to know the personal information. Personal information will only be processed upon instructions from ourselves. Procedures have been put in place to deal with any suspected breach of the requirements under the GDPRs. You and/or the Regulator referred to below will be notified of any potentially significant breach. We have put in place systems to ensure the security of the limited amount of personal information which may be accessed by ISD Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer’s hard drive, once permission has been given. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your personal preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
Please visit aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At The P&M Group Ltd, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse web page traffic and tailor our website to our customerâ€™s needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics – This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on the website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be traced back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords – Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
Social sharing cookies and links to other websites
Our website provides hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by others. The P&M Group Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of any website that it does not own or otherwise control.
14. What happens if you want to complain?
It is hoped that you will not have cause to complain. If you do complaints should be referred to Steve Baker (SBaker@isd-solutions.co.uk) in the first place where possible. In the event that it is not possible or appropriate to refer a complaint to Steve Baker (SBaker@isd-solutions.co.uk) it may be referred to the Regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) whose address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
It is not anticipated that any personal information will be transferred outside of the European Union. We will notify you if this position changes.
We don’t anticipate using automated decision making in relation to the personal information provided.
16. If I have any questions who do I ask?
Please ask the individual with responsibility for dealing with your matter. If this person cannot help or if it is inappropriate to contact him or her then please contact Steve Baker (SBaker@isd-solutions.co.uk).