ISD Solutions wins coveted Investors in People Bronze award
Published on 15th Aug, 2013
Putting its people first has enabled Gloucester based organisation to gain a prestigious national award.
ISD Solutions, the UK’s leading contractor specialising in the development, construction and maintenance of cold stores, firewalls, data centres, clean rooms, single-envelope, external industrial cladding was awarded the Investors in People Bronze award for going above and beyond in the way they develop, support and motivate their staff.
The Bronze award is achieved by just over 5% of Investors in People recognised organisations in the UK, all of which have demonstrated an additional 26 or more pieces of evidence above the Investors in People core Standard.
The Investors in People framework, which is suitable for organisations of any size and in any sector, transforms business performance through people, helping companies to achieve their objectives by targeting specific priorities within the organisation.
Andy Moon, CEO of ISD Solutions, employing just under 100 staff in their Gloucester base, said: “We are absolutely delighted to receive the Investors in People accreditation. At ISD Solutions we have long recognised that our people are the backbone of the organisation and are proud of our track record in the development and training of skilled and motivated staff. Achieving Investors in People is not only recognition for the effective work that we already have in place but is also an important focus for our continuous learning and improvement programme.”
Organisations that have achieved the Investors in People Standard generally have lower staff turnover and sickness rates, lower recruitment costs and a reduced likelihood of litigation. In addition, they tend to have increased levels of profitability, employee engagement and productivity.
John Telfer, Managing Director of Inspiring Business Performance Ltd (IBP), the organisation that delivers Investors in People for London and the South, said: “ISD Solutions should be very proud of their achievement, particularly as they have gone beyond the core requirements of the Standard. I hope other organisations will look to them as an example of what can be done when staff and managers work together.”
To find out more about IBP and the benefits of Investors in People, visit inspiring.uk.com, email email@example.com or call 0800 612 3098.
About Investors in People:
- Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use framework for improving business productivity, performance and competitiveness in organisations of all types and sizes through good practice in people management.
- An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles:
- Plan – developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies;
- Do – implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation;
- Review – evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- The UK Commission for Employment and Skills has strategic ownership of the Investors in People framework. Investors in People is part of the UK Commission’s ambition to improve skills, employment and productivity across the UK.
- The Investors in People framework is delivered by a partner network:
- In England, the network of Investors in People Centres.
- In Scotland, Scottish Enterprise (SE) or Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE).
- In Wales, the Business Skills Delivery Team at the Department for Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills, Welsh Assembly Government.
- In Northern Ireland, the Department for Employment of Learning.
For more information on Investors in People visit investorsinpeople.com/locations/south-of-england/
Inspiring Business Performance (IBP) enables organisations to build success and competitive advantage through the alignment of their people with the business direction and objectives. IBP helps businesses develop a more motivated and productive workforce, inspired to perform and achieve.
Through providing consultancy and a range of innovative products and solutions from the strategic to the tactical, we help our clients to create working environments where employees want to contribute and succeed, and businesses that customers want to engage with. IBP will work with you to address challenges, find solutions and implement improvements to reach your business goals.
Working with organisations from all sectors and sizes, our clients range from small businesses to multinationals.
With a solid track record of successfully helping organisations achieve accreditations, such as Investors in People and Lexcel, IBP now offers a range of practical solutions for business.