Posted on July 17, 2018
Due to an increase in business levels, ISD Industrial Waterproofing are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Project Manager to join our existing team. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a similar role and be used to managing many projects at any one time, managing costs and delivering profitable results whilst meeting our client’s expectations in this very busy role. Construction industry experience or qualifications would be beneficial as would a good knowledge of the Roofing & Cladding industry but are not essential as training can be provided.
As part of the role your responsibilities will include:
- Understand procurement and lead times, obtain client approval for drawings, order materials and labour, meet deadlines / programmes.
- Manage project resources and activities efficiently to deliver agreed schedule.
- Liaise with customer & site operatives to monitor project progress and take suitable controlling action. Communicate any modifications to all parties.
- Scope & Benefits Management; Financial Management & Budgeting.
- Apply effective Change Control (including Controlled Records as required).
- Ensure regular & effective monthly project reviews take place.
- Produce & effectively use Project Quality Plans & ensure quality control.
- Plan and conduct post-project evaluation reviews; critically evaluate process & outcomes; objectively identify lessons to be learned separating causes from effects
- Responsible for maintaining Health & Safety on site.
- Identify project risks and assumptions and any ongoing project issues. Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
This is a client facing role and the successful candidate must be friendly and approachable. Someone that takes pride in their personal appearance which makes a good impact inside & outside the company not just in their standard of dress but in their workplace, car etc. They will have good communication skills at all levels, possess excellent time management skills and be trustworthy, resilient and hard working. They will also be willing to travel to locations anywhere in the UK with the occasional overnight stay
- Skills in negotiation, influencing and handling difficult situations.
- Knowledge of construction / contract law related to project and contract management
- CSCS HS&E Managers/Visitors Card
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
- Competence in IT skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Full British car driving licence (for over 18s)
- Project management qualification
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company bonus scheme
To apply for this role please initially express your interest to Kevin Bowsher
« back to ISD News