Posted on July 17, 2018
ISD Solutions are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and self-driven individuals to work in the role of Designer and become an integral part of our dynamic and growing team.
In accordance with the continued growing order book and the important role the department plays in business operations, the Design Department currently have two positions to fill.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who will be able to develop an in-depth knowledge of all divisions and liaise directly with key stakeholders of the business. Advocates for continued personal development, the department adopts a collaborative approach to learning where knowledge of the latest technology and methods is shared amongst the team. Our continued progression in this regard ensures we remain cutting edge and sets us further apart from our competitors.
As part of the role your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding of tender basis and contractual obligations.
- Raising RFI’s. Engage in effective communication methods with clients, supply chain, sub-contractors and internal project managers.
- Work with Design Manager / Senior Designers to develop design programmes in line with construction milestones. Monitor time spent and progress on a regular basis.
- Highlight and record project variations internally and recognise value engineering opportunities.
- Production of high quality and accurate layout drawings and details which capture all relevant interfaces using Autodesk Revit & Autocad.
- Production of corresponding accurate material schedules.
- Work in full accordance with company standards.
- Production of AS Built drawings for O&M files.
- Assist sales department / estimating with details and information in tender support.
- Attend design meetings on a regular basis throughout the UK as required.
- Attend and contribute to internal team meetings.
The successful candidate would be friendly and approachable, with the ability to work effectively as part of a project team or on their own. Primarily an office based role however occasional site visits and attendance at design meetings will ultimately be a requirement. It is therefore important the individual is someone that takes pride in their appearance and possesses excellent communication skills at all levels that makes a good impact inside and outside the company.
- AutoCAD & Revit experience for projects within the construction sector.
- High levels of computer literacy, with full knowledge of MS packages.
- Skills in different communication methods, written, verbal and face to face to achieve results and build effective working relationships.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in design capacity of projects within the construction sector.
- Can understand drawings and information from third parties that interface with our scope of works and how to correctly incorporate into our drawings.
- GCSE or Equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- HNC / HND in Construction desirable.
- CSCS Card desirable
- Full British Car Driving Licence
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this role please initially express your interest to Paul Chivers (email@example.com)
« back to ISD News