Retail & Maintenance Project Manager Vacancy
ISD Solutions are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Project Manager to join our existing team. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a similar role and be used to managing numerous projects at any one time, managing costs and delivering profitable results whilst meeting our client’s expectations in this very busy role.
Construction industry experience or qualifications would be beneficial as would a working knowledge of the panel partitioning industry and experience using Autodesk AutoCAD or Autodesk REVIT, however, these are not essential as training can be provided.
The role responsibilities include the following: –
- To understand procurement and lead-in times, to obtain client approval for drawings, order materials and labour, meet deadlines and work to strict programmes.
- To manage project resources and activities efficiently to deliver on agreed schedules and costs.
- To liaise with customers and site operatives to monitor project progress and take suitable controlling action. To communicate any changes or variations to all parties.
- To manage the project scope, keeping within financial constraints and budgets.
- To liaise with the estimating team on cost variations and situations where costs exceed budget.
- To apply effective Change Control (including Controlled Records as required).
- To ensure regular & effective monthly project reviews take place with both the client and ISD Management.
- To produce & effectively use Project Quality Plans, Operations and Maintenance Manuals, and ensure quality control on projects.
- To plan and conduct post-project evaluation reviews; critically evaluate process & outcomes; objectively identify lessons to be learned separating causes from effects.
- To own full responsibility for maintaining Health & Safety on site.
- To identify project risks and assumptions and any ongoing project issues.
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- To actively build relationships with our customers through courteous and professional interaction with customer representatives on site such as Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers.
- To attend site as required to oversee the site team, address issues on site, and monitor progress and client satisfaction.
This is a client-facing role and the successful candidate must be friendly and approachable. Someone that takes pride in their personal appearance which makes a good impact inside & outside the company. They will have excellent communication skills at all levels, possess excellent time management skills and be trustworthy, resilient and hard-working. They will also be willing to travel to locations anywhere in the UK with the occasional overnight stay as required.
- Skills in negotiation, influencing and handling difficult situations.
- CSCS HS&E Managers/Visitors Card (Can be acquired with ISD on commencement of role).
- GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- Competence in IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Full UK drivers licence.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Company bonus scheme.