Industrial Sales Estimator / Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Industrial Sales Estimator / Trainee Quantity surveyor
ISD Solutions are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Sales Estimator / Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our growing commercial team. The position will work under the supervision of experienced staff members and you will be responsible for the cost management of construction projects from feasibility to final account with project values varying up to circa £5m.
What will the role include?
- Managing all commercial aspects of construction projects
- Assessing clients’ requirements
- Calculating detailed cost plans
- Liaising with the supply chain to obtain favourable rates
- Preparing and submitting tenders
- Contract administration and cost control during project delivery
- Final account submissions
- Attending site and client meetings
What are we looking for?
- An eye for detail
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy
- Confidence with figures
- A passion to develop
- Strong IT skills
- An excellent ability to keep calm under pressure
- A keen negotiator
- Great customer service
- A professional approach
- An ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
What are the finer details?
- Monday to Friday working
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (4:00 pm Friday) There are sometimes requirements to work outside of these hours when attending site / client meetings.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Competitive salary with company bonus scheme
Construction industry experience or qualifications would be beneficial but are not essential as onsite training will be provided.
The successful candidate must be friendly and approachable and have strong communication skills at all levels. Time management skills are essential, and the individual must be trustworthy and hard working. We require the candidate to hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Candidates should also show flexibility to help assist with other office projects and procedures during busy times and times of staff holidays.
To apply for this role please initially express your interest to Martin Taylor (MTaylor@isd-solutions.co.uk). All discussions will be treated in complete confidence.